Cherish @ My Cup of Tea

So, we are getting a new sectional, 42" flat screen LCD, and a new TV stand.  So, I decided since it's "out with the old and in with the new" that I wanted to refinish some old furniture.  I moved some stuff around, and now I'm creating a reading nook next to the fireplace.  SO, I'm painting an old desk and chair black and distressing it.  Here is the 1st of a 3-part series to show the progress of the set. 
The desk is a hot mess.  Missing drawer, stickers, scrapes, scratches, and ugly hardware.  The chair just needs some TLC, really.  So, I'm painting everything black and distressing it with sandpaper and a hammer.  The missing drawer is being turned into a mini book shelf.

Oh, and the inside of the desk is a Organizing Queen's dream!!  Look at the awesome compartments!! I plan on storing my laptop in here.  Yay!

I decided that instead of buying new hardware I would take some sandpaper to it and then put them back on upside down.  See above.  I dig it.  What do you think??

There will be more to come.  The next post will be when everything is painted, and ready for distressing.
Labels: , | edit post
5 Responses
  1. anz Says:

    Fantastic! I enjoy making old stuff seem new, as well. Good luck with the painting!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    good girl! recylcle. you are awesome!


  3. Those will look so nice when you get done and sounds as if it will fit right into your decor.

    Thanks for following our farm blog. We'd of course love it if you commented too!*wink*

    I'll check back to see your finished pictures.
    Blessings from,
    The Never Done Farm


  4. Tricia Says:

    Hi there.
    I really like the hardware upside down. Much prettier. That desk is gonna be great, I'm sure. Can't wait to see the reveal.

    XO*Tricia


  5. Hey Cherish, I couldn't find an e-mail adress to get back to you about the crocheted squares. I purchased the pattern here: http://www.interweavestore.com/Crochet/Patterns/Babette-Blanket.html?af=ravelry